State Lead, Odisha
Location: Bhubaneswar (travel required)
State Lead, Odisha
|Role Title||State Lead, Odisha|
|Number of openings||Multiple Openings|
|Role Level||5+ years of relevant prior experience|
|Location||Based in Bhubaneswar (Non-Negotiable).
The role will entail significant Intra & interstate travel across India depending on programs.
|Compensation||The final amount will be decided mutually during the recruitment process and as per experience|
Desired start date ASAP; Serious candidates are encouraged to apply right away.
Process to apply: Please fill out the Google Form mentioned below
Labhya is an India-based nonprofit that enables children from vulnerable backgrounds with the necessary skills to cope with poverty & become effective learners through Social-Emotional Learning (SEL). Labhya is a globally recognised non-profit supported by organisations like Harvard University, Nudge, DRK Foundation, The Commonwealth, UNICEF, and UNDP among other organisations.
Labhya is a dynamic and agile organisation that partners with Indian State Governments to co-create and ensure the implementation of SEL programs at scale. We are one of India’s fastest-growing nonprofits dedicated to co-create programs that will impact 30 Million vulnerable children by 2030.
Currently, Labhya has partnered with the Governments of Delhi, Uttarakhand, Tripura to co-create and ensure the implementation of programs that impact 2.4 Million children across 22,000+ government schools in India daily. Our programs, namely the ‘Happiness Curriculum’ and ‘Anandam Pathyacharya’ are the world’s largest and India’s first at-scale wellbeing programs.
We expect the following from you for this role:
*All the below-mentioned tasks would be key to your role. The following requirements are not mentioned in order of priority.
- Maintain and build new relationships with state and district/block level government officials in Odisha.
- Act as an anchor of intervention between Odisha government officials and Labhya’s Curriculum & Training team. Liaison and coordination with the concerned government officials regularly.
- Document and communicate the research and SEL-related gaps/stressors that the partner state (Odisha) faces.
- Contextualise curriculum wrt different geographies and socio-cultural contexts
- Facilitate teacher training sessions to build capacity and prepare detailed training modules (develop interactive lesson plans/activities for different training programs) for their clarity.
- Conduct pre & post-assessments to review, update, and improve curriculum based on feedback from partner organisations, teacher/client facilitators.
- Support in planning & implementation of the entire program and be the point of contact for all matters related to this program.
- Support in forming a team for the state and manage the human resource capital that may join Labhya in Odisha.
- Working alongside the Curriculum design team and other teams of Labhya to ensure effective implementation of programs in Odisha.
- Working alongside the Monitoring & Evaluation Team at Labhya to iterate the program to achieve maximum impact.
Minimum Qualifications and Expectations
- At least 5+ years of experience in government stakeholder management, leadership positions and operations based roles.
- Prior experience of working with government officials or on programs at scale (non-negotiable)
- Fluent in Odia, Hindi & English (Written, Reading, Spoken) (non-negotiable)
- Willingness to relocate to Bhubaneswar. (non-negotiable)
- Bachelors/Masters in education, social science, or equivalent.
- Prior leadership experience is highly preferred
- An understanding of Social Emotional Learning, mental health, psycho-social development psychology will be preferred.
- Working proficiency in Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slide, etc
Our team consists of professionals, educators, SEL experts, and entrepreneurs from prestigious institutions like Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) USA, Azim Premji University, Delhi University, Ernst & Young and KPMG.
At Labhya, we support and foster an environment where questions are always encouraged and collaboration is recognized. We are a home for you if you want to help build something that will enable millions of children to become lifelong learners through systems-level change. You’d also be able to develop your skills and profile by working with an accomplished leadership team and being a part of very rapid growth.
Further, Labhya’s values are:
- An agile and supportive team that is driven by a problem solving attitude
- Focusing on the well-being of children and trusting their potential
- Working processes that enable efficiency, constant growth and innovation
- SEL Programs that are driven by proximity and expertise
- Creating systemic and sustainable change in public education systems through partnership
Process to apply
To apply, please fill this form.
Please note, no application will be considered without the details requested in the above form