State Associate, Tripura
Location: Agartala (travel required)
State Associate, Tripura
|Role Title||State Associate, Tripura|
|Number of openings||Multiple Openings|
|Role Level||1-2 years of prior relevant work experience|
|Location||Based in Agartala (Non-Negotiable),
The role will entail significant Intra & interstate travel across India depending on programs.
Compensation: The final amount will be decided mutually during the recruitment process and as per experience
Desired start date: ASAP ; Serious candidates are encouraged to apply right away.
Process to apply: Please fill out the google form mentioned below
Labhya is an India-based nonprofit that enables children from vulnerable backgrounds with the necessary skills to cope with poverty & become effective learners through Social-Emotional Learning (SEL). Labhya is a globally recognised non-profit supported by organisations like Harvard University, Nudge, DRK Foundation, The Commonwealth, UNICEF, and UNDP among other organisations.
Labhya is a dynamic and agile organisation that partners with Indian State Governments to co-create and ensure the implementation of SEL programs at scale. We are one of India’s fastest-growing nonprofits dedicated to co-create programs that will impact 30 Million vulnerable children by 2030.
Currently, Labhya has partnered with the Governments of Delhi, Uttarakhand, Tripura to co-create and ensure the implementation of programs that impact 2.4 Million children across 22,000+ government schools in India daily. Our programs, namely the ‘Happiness Curriculum’ and ‘Anandam Pathyacharya’ are the world’s largest and India’s first at-scale wellbeing programs.
We expect the following from you for this role:
*All the below-mentioned tasks would be key to your role. The following requirements are not mentioned in order of priority.
- Maintain and build new relationships and strengthen existing relationships with district/block level government officials from the assigned districts in Tripura.
- Develop strong working relationships with district coordinators heads of schools, mentor teachers, teacher coordinators and teachers in selected schools of change
- Support Labhya in the development of strong relationships and documentation of the on-ground impact by collecting on-ground stories of change
- Act as an anchor of intervention between district government officials and Labhya’s Curriculum & Training team. Liaison and coordination with the concerned government officials regularly.
- Support Labhya in the collection of on-ground monitoring and evaluation data through the conduction of baselines and landlines in schools of change
- Act as the primary point of contact of the organisation at the district/block/school level in the districts and schools assigned
- Facilitate teacher training sessions to build capacity and prepare detailed training modules (develop interactive lesson plans/activities for different training programs) for teachers in schools of change as per need
- Work closely with the assigned State Lead to support in the completion of any tasks related to the effective state-wide implementation of the program as per need.
- Work closely with the program and fundraising teams of Labhya to ensure the conduction of impact visits of partners, stakeholders, Labhya team members and funders as per need.
- Support any requests that may come from time to time from any district/block/school level officials we will directly work with.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience / Characteristics
- Bachelors/Masters in education, social science, or equivalent.
- At least 1-2+ years of experience in teacher training programs and facilitation.
- Prior experience of working with school officials or government officials is highly preferred
- Fluent in both Hindi, English and Bengali (Written and spoken) (non-negotiable)
- Willingness to relocate to Agartala. (non-negotiable)
- On-ground experience with children and youth. (non-negotiable)
- An understanding of Social Emotional Learning, mental health, psycho-social development psychology will be preferred.
- Comfortable with logistical event planning.
- Possesses strong relationship building, communication, and organizational skills.
- Prior experience in managing multiple stakeholders for projects.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/ tasks and experience in handling processes end to end
- Ability to solve problems using particular lenses, best practices, and frameworks.
- Working proficiency in Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slide, etc
- Willingness to learn and grow together with the team.
Our team consists of professionals, educators, SEL experts, and entrepreneurs from prestigious institutions like Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) USA, Azim Premji University, Delhi University, Ernst & Young and KPMG.
At Labhya, we support and foster an environment where questions are always encouraged and collaboration is recognized. We are a home for you if you want to help build something that will enable millions of children to become lifelong learners through systems-level change. You’d also be able to develop your skills and profile by working with an accomplished leadership team and being a part of very rapid growth.
Further, Labhya’s values are:
- An agile and supportive team that is driven by a problem solving attitude
- Focusing on the well-being of children and trusting their potential
- Working processes that enable efficiency, constant growth and innovation
- SEL Programs that are driven by proximity and expertise
- Creating systemic and sustainable change in public education systems through partnership
Process to apply
To apply, please fill this form.
Please note, no application will be considered without the details requested in the above form