State Associate, Delhi
Location: Based in Delhi, the role will entail significant travel depending on projects
State Associate, Delhi
|Job Title||State Associate, Delhi|
|Job Level||3-5+ years of prior relevant work experience|
|Location||Based in Delhi, the role will entail significant travel depending on projects.|
|Compensation||The final amount will be decided mutually during the recruitment process and as per experience|
|Desired start date||ASAP|
Process to apply Please fill out the Google Form mentioned below https://forms.gle/16wbnxCEm6uNX2JD6
Labhya Foundation: Vision and Goals
Labhya Foundation is an India-based nonprofit that enables children from vulnerable backgrounds with the necessary skills to cope with poverty & become effective learners through Social Emotional Learning (SEL).
Labhya is a dynamic and agile organisation that partners with Indian State Governments to co-create and ensure the implementation of SEL programs at scale. We are one of India’s fastest-growing nonprofits dedicated to co-create programs that will impact 30 Million vulnerable children by 2030.
Labhya has partnered with the Governments of Delhi, Uttarakhand and Tripura to co-create and ensure the implementation of programs that impact 2.4 Million children across 20,000 government schools in India daily. Our programs, namely the ‘Happiness Curriculum’ and ‘Anandam Patyacharya’ have been recognised internationally and are the world’s largest SEL-based programs.
Delhi State Associate: How will you enable us?
The Delhi State Associate will work directly with our Delhi State team to work closely with district-level officials, heads of schools and school teachers in select districts and schools to ensure the effective implementation of our program.
In this role, you will interact with district government officials and school administrators on a daily basis and work on deepening the impact of our State-wide program through Happiness Model schools of Change. You will serve as part of the leadership team in the State in this growth-based role.
We expect the following from you for this role:
*All the below-mentioned tasks would be key to your role. The following requirements are not mentioned in order of priority.
- Maintain and build new relationships and strengthen existing relationships with district-level government officials in Delhi.
- Develop strong working relationships with district happiness coordinators heads of schools, mentor teachers, teacher coordinators and teachers in selected schools of change
- Support Labhya in the development of strong relationships and documentation of the on-ground impact by collecting on-ground stories of change
- Act as an anchor of the program between State/District/Zone level government officials and Labhya’s Curriculum & Training team. Liaison and coordination with the concerned government officials regularly.
- Work closely with the assigned schools of change in intensive capacity building, program implementation and evaluation efforts.
- Support Labhya in the collection of on-ground monitoring and evaluation data through the conduction of baselines and endlines in schools of change
- Facilitate teacher training sessions to build capacity and prepare detailed training modules (develop interactive lesson plans/activities for different training programs) for teachers in schools of change as per need
- Work closely with the assigned State team to support in the completion of any tasks related to the effective state-wide implementation of the program as per need.
- Work closely with the program and fundraising teams of Labhya to ensure the conduction of impact visits of partners, stakeholders, Labhya team members and funders as per need.
- Support any requests that may come from time to time from any State/district/block/school level officials we will directly work with.
- Work closely alongside the district level team at Labhya to manage and coordinate the support structures for the program at the district level.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience / Characteristics
- Fluent in both Hindi & English (Written and spoken) (no-negotiable)
- Willingness to relocate to Delhi. (non-negotiable)
- On-ground experience with children and youth. (non-negotiable)
- Prior experience of working with school officials or government officials is highly preferred
- Bachelors/Masters in education, social science, or equivalent.
- At least 3-5+ years of experience in teacher training programs and facilitation.
- An understanding of Social Emotional Learning, mental health, psycho-social development psychology will be preferred.
- Comfortable with logistical event planning.
- Possesses strong relationship building, communication, and organizational skills.
- Prior experience in managing multiple stakeholders for projects.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/ tasks and experience in handling processes end to end 12. Ability to solve problems using particular lenses, best practices, and frameworks.
- Working proficiency in Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slide, etc
- Willingness to learn and grow together with the team.
Remuneration will be based on competency, and we will be building Labhya together. The final amount will be decided mutually during the recruitment process. We are offering to work together on something that has never been done before. We are hoping you grow with the organization through skill-building, exposure, growth pathways, and networks.
Our team consists of professionals, educators, SEL experts, and entrepreneurs from prestigious institutions like Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) USA, Azim Premji University, and Delhi University.
At Labhya, we support and foster an environment where questions are always encouraged and collaboration is recognized. We are a home for you if you want to help build something that will enable millions of children to become lifelong learners through systems-level change. You’d also be able to develop your skills and profile by working with an accomplished leadership team and being a part of very rapid growth.
Further, Labhya’s values are:
- An agile and supportive team that is driven by a problem-solving and feedback-driven attitude
- Focusing on the well-being of children and trusting their potential
- Working processes that enable efficiency, constant growth and innovation
- SEL Programs that are driven by proximity and expertise
- Creating systemic and sustainable change in public education systems through partnerships
Process to apply
To apply, please fill this form.
Please note, no application will be considered without the details requested in the above form.