Senior Manager – Human Resources
The Education Alliance (TEA)
Senior Manager – Human Resources
Introduction to The Education Alliance (TEA)
The Education Alliance (‘TEA’ registered as Network for Quality Education Foundation) is a non-profit organisation registered in India to catalyse quality transformations in the public-school system through strategic partnership support. TEA aims to build an ecosystem in which governments can strategically partner with mission-oriented non-profit educational organisations to deliver high-quality education. Our goal is to empower government schools to create the next generation of leaders by transforming the quality of education offered in these schools. A high-quality education for every child in India would call for a system that is accountable, collaborative and equitable.
TEA sets up a Project Management Unit (PMU) to support the State education departments to partner more strategically with non-state actors and to design and deliver programmes with the objective of building governments’ own capacity to sustain these initiatives post the exit of external partners.
In order to deliver on its goals, TEA engages in three broad areas of work: dialogue with governments to design the frameworks for suitable partnership models, identify high-quality and mission-aligned non-profit partners willing to engage with government, and conduct research to test the efficacy of the model in order to inform the rest of our work. Please refer to our website for further details: www.theeducationalliance.org.
Brief on TEA’s Work with Government Education Departments
TEA is currently working across 4 states on the following programs:
o School Quality Enhancement Program with the South Delhi Municipal Corporation (since 2015) – a program that aims to deliver high-quality education through a Government-Partnership School (G-PS) model. o Program Assistance Unit with Directorate of Education, Delhi Government (since 2020) – TEA team supporting Education minister’s advisory team for planning and implementation of education reforms.
- Tamil Nadu: PMU for NGO partnerships and Systemic education reforms (since 2018) – The PMU started supporting Samagra Shiksha, Tamil Nadu in 2018 in its NGO partnership strategy and in 2021, on invitation by the State extended its mandate to support the Commissioner of School Education on reforms across 15 initiatives identified the state.
- Tripura: PMU for NGO partnerships and State FLN mission (since 2020) – Similar to its function in Tamil Nadu, TEA plays the role of a PMU to facilitate effective collaboration between NGOs and Samagra Shiksha in Tripura. The PMU has now also taken on the mandate of supporting the State’s FLN mission to meet targets of foundational literacy and numeracy.
- Madhya Pradesh
o Project Management Unit for Foundational Literacy & Numeracy (FLN) (since 2020) – TEA plays the role of a PMU and brings together strategic and knowledge partners to work with the state to strengthen foundational literacy and numeracy skills of students and to build institutional capacity on FLN initiatives. TEA is also now the partner for State’s CM RISE schools (highly-resourced K-10 /K-12 schools) for foundational literacy and numeracy initiatives.
o Strategic partnership with BCG under SATH-E Extension for System Reform (since 2020) – TEA started working alongside BCG State team for the education reform process in M.P. under the NITI Aayog’s SATH E project in 2020.
TEA’s Team consists of highly motivated individuals who share a passion for improving the quality of education for all children in India All projects teams are based locally in the partnership State and work out of the local Education Department offices.
Senior Manager – Human Resources
Background & Context
TEA has expanded from presence to 4 States over a span of 5 years and has a team of 30+ full-time employees working across 4 project locations. The TEA team members work closely with State School Education Department in outlining overall strategy and driving the program management office for implementation of various areas under education initiatives and reforms.
TEA Senior leadership want to bring a cognizant and focussed effort towards its employees’ professional development including but not limited to learning and development, performance management, career planning and function evaluation.
Roles & Responsibilities – Senior Manager (Human Resources)
The Senior Manager (Human Resources) will work directly with the CEO and Senior Leadership and the key roles and responsibilities will be:
- Talent mapping and recruitment
o Map job requirements to relevant profiles in non-profit, for -profit institutions and academic institutions o Identify high quality talent pools and actively engage with alumni networks, consulting organisation and relevant social media forums for attracting high quality talent
o Actively engage with prospective candidates as well as existing employees to highlight and help identify paths for professional development
- Performance management
o Drive the complete performance management cycle – description of roles and responsibilities, performance appraisal templates and processes, process definition and supervision for timely and accurate completion
o Design processes/structures/cadence for efficient and effective performance management systems for individual, team and leadership reviews
- Learning & development
o Assist program leaders in identifying learning and development needs of various individuals and projects team, and approaches for empowering employees to self-identify learning opportunities
o Evaluate existing/Design new learning and development programs (courses/ mentorship) for all employees across geographical teams and domain areas to help establish a strong learning culture in the organisation
o Assist senior leadership in designing internal learning / knowledge sharing initiatives to empower employees to perform to their highest potential
o Design, implement and oversee internal initiatives for capturing and utilising internal knowledge sharing systems and processes
- Career planning and function evaluation
o Create competency framework and profile requirements (knowledge, skills, experience) for all roles in the organisation and refine/calibrate as per project and organisation needs Calibrate and refine profiles across teams, necessary competency, skills and experience requirement
o Define career growth path, progression for employees in respective project/teams as well as cross-functional areas
o Mentor early professionals joining organisation to support in exploring opportunities for growth, experience and learning
Skills and Qualifications
- 6-9 years of work experience in a human resource management focussed on leading and development, talent acquisition roles
- A Master’s degree from a top tier institution in a relevant field including business, industrial/organisational psychology, human resources, communications, or a related field
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills and ability to manage stakeholders effectively to incorporate competing points of view
- Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Good research skills with demonstrated ability to synthesize complex Information from multiple sources and develop an informed perspective
- Highly motivated and self-driven with demonstrated history of working independently and delivering results
- Willing to commit the next few years to developing new workstreams in the organisation
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Expected date of Joining: Immediate
Employment Type: Permanent / Full Time
Please send your resumes along with a letter of intent to email@example.com; please mention “Senior Manager – Human Resources” in the subject of your email.