Senior Development Associate
Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP)
Senior Development Associate
The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP) works with cities worldwide to promote transport solutions that reduce traffic congestion, air pollution, and greenhouse emissions while improving urban livability and economic opportunity. ITDP is a not-for-profit organisation with its headquarters in New York City and field offices in South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, India, China, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico, and the United States. More information can be found at www.itdp.in.
More information about ITDP India can be found at www.itdp.in
About the Position
We are seeking a Senior Development Associate to join our team in Chennai. The duties will be diverse and multi-faceted, therefore excellent professional skills are vital for this role. This person will work closely with the Communications & Development Manager and the South Asia Programme Lead.
Roles and responsibilities
- Work with various programme teams to conceptualise and create new grant proposals
- Coordinate with the ITDP HQ development team to create, refine, and submit grant proposals
- Liaise with potential grant-makers to ensure all queries on the proposal are addressed accurately and in a timely manner
- Research potential funding opportunities. Keep programme teams informed about such opportunities
Programme monitoring and reporting
- Establish a framework to track programme progress as well as programme impact
- Track programme progress and impact regularly in consultation with programme teams and maintain a repository
- Produce timely, accurate, and crisp reports (quarterly/annual) to grant-makers and ITDP HQ that highlight key project outcomes and keep them well-informed about project progress.
- Collate and send out weekly updates to ITDP HQ and ITDP India team
- Identify conferences and workshops that will help develop internal staff capacity
- Facilitate internal webinars for peer-to-peer learning opportunity on various project areas
Qualification & Experience
- 2-3 years of relevant and proven experience in development/fundraising, including writing grant proposals, funder reporting, and liaising with the relevant grant-making agencies
- A postgraduate degree is preferred in development, social work, or journalism, or a similar background. Additional experience required for those with an undergrad degree.
- Prior experience in impact analysis, including social, environmental, and economic impact
- Preference given to those with prior experience in the urban development/transport sector
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Experience of working in matrix work environment with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work in teams and nurture internal collaboration
- Ability to frame ideas effectively
- Aware of the industry trends & best practices
- Experience of managing multi-office development proposals
How to apply
The position requires a commitment of 40 hours per week and is based in Chennai. The candidate should submit a sample of their written work and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the roles & responsibilities of the opening, please visit the website: https://lnkd.in/gj8E_VA5