Research and Policy Intern
Pi Jam Foundation
Stipend will be provided
Research and Policy Intern
About Pi Jam Foundation
Pi Jam Foundation is a Section 8 (not-for-profit) company conceived by Teach for India Alumni in 2017. The organization is entirely impact-driven and aims to provide all students from government and affordable private schools with Computing and Problem-solving skills, which are essential for them to succeed in the 21st-century workplace. Using low-cost, open-source technology and a contextual research-based curriculum coupled with innovative pedagogy, Pi Jam Foundation aims to provide quality computer science education to students across the country.
Why work with us?
Pi Jam Foundation is a young and growing organization, where experimentation and creativity are encouraged amongst everyone in the team. As a member, you would have the space and time to nurture your own skills and passion in the process of working towards a cause. We foster a culture where one can grow as an individual while playing a crucial role in the sustainable expansion of the organization. As a part of Pi Jam Foundation’s award-winning program, you will have the opportunity to contribute to India’s youth, gaining an opportunity to develop into the change-makers of tomorrow.
About the role
As the Research and Policy Intern, you would be responsible for mainly coming up with a research paper surrounding the topic ‘State of Computer Science Education in India’.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and track and analyze legislation on the state of computer science education in India.
- Support the drafting of memoranda, policy briefs, fact sheets, blog articles, weekly updates and background papers on issues relating to education policies.
- Write short research notes and inputs for briefings, papers, and reports.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative background research, inputs for presentations, including infographics.
- Support other activities as requested, including providing logistical support to various meetings, consultations, workshops, and side events.
Contribute to the development and growth of Pi Jam Foundation’s impact by providing your services and support for out of classroom programs, workshops, additional R&D activities for program/curriculum testing, the impact and analysis process, recruitment and performance appraisals and team-wide decision making.
Each of the core responsibilities outlined above needs specific skills to fulfill. While many of these will be developed and honed through the role, some of the following are skills and mindsets we would like you to bring with you to the role and organization:
- Proven data analysis, research and writing skills, with track records in producing development research and/or engaging in development programmes.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience in public policy and research. Have a well-balanced, analytical and creative mindset to problem-solve and provide innovative solutions.
- Be an intellectually curious and responsive team contributor, delivering and receiving feedback regularly, and eager to learn and stay up to date on computer science education.
- Working knowledge of education, research and policy planning.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the time and effort demands of start-up.
Applicants should send their CV with the subject line ‘Interest in Research and Policy Internship at Pi Jam Foundation’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for pre-work post which interviews will be scheduled.