Program Manager – Child Care Services
Protsahan India Foundation
Location: New Delhi
Program Manager – Child Care Services
About Protsahan India Foundation:
Protsahan India Foundation is a center of excellence in innovation & collaboration to eradicate Child Abuse so that all girls living in situations of vulnerability grow up empowered with access to education and healthcare in safe spaces, with greater freedom from all forms of abuse and violence. Girls who have experienced abuse or violence benefit from greater access to healing, care, support, gender justice and other services needed to ensure physical, mental and social well-being. Protsahan works cohesively to nurture girl champions from socially excluded backgrounds by bringing 21st-century skills that endorse self-learning and drive social and economic growth to enable an enriched and sustainable future for a young girl where she reaches her full potential.
To find out more about Protsahan visit www.protsahan.co.in
This position works with multiple stakeholders to expand the scope of the child care program and position Protsahan as a thought leader in the sector.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain a strategic overview and analysis of issues relating to child care, budgetary allocation for children year on year, child rights, policies and schemes for children by centre and state governments, the status of early childhood education in the country, evaluation and learning. Monitoring trends from a legal & psychosocial lens in the sector to actively showcase Protsahan as a thought leader in this space. Publish these periodically as website research articles, whitepapers, webinars, media releases and team learning and development initiatives.
- Manage the app dashboard and inform the management about the key trends observed on a monthly basis enabling informed decision making of current and future programs.
- Track all media news and updates related to children’s issues in the country.
- Facilitation of workshops and forging partnerships with child care institutions, shelter homes, NGOs in the country on Protsahan’s key resource areas of child protection, psychosocial care, gender, cyber safety, menstrual hygiene, etc. using the structured modules already developed at Protsahan. Wherever required, updating & developing design and content of modules.
- Document updates and insights from the ground team as pulse check reports, donor reports, media reports, annual reports, impact reports, etc. as required with the program team
- Provide technical assistance to develop organisation knowledge, execute a transformative research work plan, liaise with government counterparts like DCPCR, NCPCR, academicians and sector experts to strengthen child care in the country.
- Kickstart Protsahan’s Technical Advisory Group (TAG) for Healing & Child Care Services as a nodal learning and research group on children’s issues in the country.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Child Rights Law/ Education/ Social Sciences/Psychology with excellent communication skills.
- Have at least 1.5 years of work experience with proven ability to manage programs/projects with external stakeholders
- Competent user of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity of all data and information and maintain professional boundaries with all constituencies.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage and prioritise the resources and tasks, in order to support simultaneous deliverables and delivery dates.
- Experience with vendor relationship development, contract oversight, and budget monitoring
- Strong digital communication skills and creative thinker
- Good understanding of child rights laws, and technical updates of the sector
Must have: To be successful at Protsahan, you will necessarily need to have passion for our mission and a strong desire to work in a dynamic non-profit organisation. Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity, consistency to thrive with commitment at work and trustworthiness.
This position will report to the Founder Director.
Location – New Delhi
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit their resume, a cover letter describing candidate qualifications, relevant experience and contact details of three (3) professional references with contact information to email@example.com with the subject line clearly mentioning the position you are applying for.