Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
“What if every leader across the country took one step towards improving their schools”?
This is the question that drives us at Mantra4Change. While there are challenges that plague the education system, we believe in the potential of education leaders to drive improvement in schools to provide enriching learning experiences to all children. Our approach towards this is by working directly with schools and clusters; enabling state and district governments to drive similar improvement initiatives, and enabling the larger school education ecosystem to drive school improvement by developing their capacity as well as sharing our learnings and solutions in the form of global public goods. Mantra4Change is currently present in 5 states – Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Punjab, Andhra Pradesh, and Karnataka.
EduMentum is an incubator for early-stage education entrepreneurs. It is a Shibulal family philanthropic initiative in partnership with Mantra4Change and ShikshaLokam. Our objective is to identify and support young organizations working in the field of systemic education transformation. Our total partner ecosystem is 42 organizations strong, spread across 20 states.
Our belief is that in order to solve the perennial problem of Education inequity in the country, we need to strengthen the civil society actors and build their capabilities to work with the system at scale.
Apply for this role, if you believe in solving the challenge of educational inequity through entrepreneurship. The Program Lead role is aimed at understanding the grass-root challenges of social entrepreneurs in the space of education and designing their support journey. This role is most suited for those exploring opportunities in doing primary and/or secondary research, leading the program design and engaging with partner organizations as part of the program’s implementation.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Program Support
- Research and develop tools to identify the needs of the EduMentum programs and the organizations.
- Contribute to defining EduMentum’s strategy
- Analyze feedback and design interventions to continuously improve the effectiveness of the program
- Create learning environments and build the capacity of the team and the partner organizations through collaboration, support, and establishing strong self and peer accountability.
- Evaluate underlying causes for gaps in implementation, collaborate to respond effectively, and contribute to customizing the programs.
- Document case studies and collates position papers on the interventions.
2. Organizational Engagement
- Establish goals and systems to analyze the progress of the EduMentum Program and mentee organizations.
- Bring opportunities for collaboration for EduMentum Program and mentee organizations.
- Provide relevant coaching support to mentee organizations in line with the program’s objectives
- Participate in meetings, workshops, or related forums/events that contribute to the development and growth of EduMentum.
Education and Experience:
- A degree in social entrepreneurship/education/social sciences OR a year or 3-5 years of experience working in the education sector
- Prior experience in managing Incubation or Acceleration programs in the social sector AND/OR experience having been an entrepreneur would serve as an added advantage
- Track record of independently leading a successful project or team, delivering thoughtful program design and timely monitoring and evaluation
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong networking and collaboration skills
- Ability to conduct research and analyze impact data
- Effective planning skills and time-task management
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Commensurate with the individual’s experience and qualifications. Range: 8-10 LPA This may vary slightly depending on actual experience and qualifications)
Time commitment: At least 2 years
Click here to apply.