Outlive is a youth suicide prevention programme for young people aged 18-24 years belonging to marginalized communities in Delhi, Mumbai, and Pune. It is jointly implemented by the Centre for Mental Health Law & Policy, Indian Law Society (ILS), Sangath and Quicksand Design Studio and is supported by Comic Relief, UK. More details can be accessed on our website www.outlive.in.
Join us as a peer mentor!
As a part of our Peer Support Programme, we are training a network of youth volunteers to provide chat-based emotional support to young people who are experiencing emotional distress. These volunteers will be supported through regular mentoring and supervision.
We invite you to work with us as a peer mentor. We are looking for young people with a passion for community mental health and working with youth in the field of suicide prevention. This is part-time, paid role.
If you are:
- A fresh graduate with Masters in Psychology or Social work in Mental Health
- Residing, studying or working in Mumbai, Pune or Delhi
- Interested in mentoring young peer supporters working in youth suicide prevention.
- Able to commit 27 hours per week as a peer mentor (4.5 hours per day)
- Have a smartphone with internet access
- Speak English and Hindi or Marathi (preferably bilingual)
- Comfortable with providing support via chat
- Conducting supervisory sessions under guidance
This might be the right space for you to add on to your skills and contribute to the community!
As a peer mentor…
- You will be trained to provide support via chat to other young people in distress, having suicidal thoughts and feelings.
- You will be onboarded onto the Outlive! App – a chat-based platform specifically designed/ developed to provide peer support to youth in distress
- You will be trained to provide mentorship and regular supervision sessions to peer supporters
More details about the role and application form can be accessed here: bit.ly/3X6WZ2D
Write to us…
If you have any questions about Outlive! or the peer support intervention, or comments or suggestions for us, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org