Saahas a ‘Not for Profit’ organization was set up in 2001 under the Karnataka Societies Act 1960. Saahas focuses on programs based on the concepts of ‘Source Segregation and ‘Decentralized Waste Management’ within the framework of the Solid Waste Management Rules 2016 and principles of Circular Economy. Saahas works with government institutions, corporates, households and schools to bring attention to best practices in the management of solid waste and also establishes collection and processing infrastructure. Our programs also provide better livelihood opportunities for the informal sector and people at the base of the pyramid.
India to become a leading Circular Economy where Nothing is Waste.
- Pilot innovative resource management programs.
- Collaborate closely with communities, administrators, businesses and lawmakers. • Evolve next practices for adoption of Circular Economy
The Field supervisor shall execute tasks assigned to him/her by the Project Coordinator. The work will largely involve field work along with a small amount of office work and the percentage of time the employee would require to work in the field would be based on the project needs.
- Supervision of the door to door collection staff and driver, maintaining record of attendance and work hours.
- Maintaining waste collection records.
- Maintaining segregation record (how many houses gave segregated waste, how many gave mixed waste).
- Generating weekly and monthly reports on their specific work areas.
- Work in close coordination with the Project Coordinator
- Constantly reinforce the concept of segregation and ensuring that waste gets effectively segregated at the household level. Giving feedback to households who are mixing waste.
- Trains collection staff on sorting, assist in sorting and sale of recyclables
- Organise despatch of Dry Waste to sorting unit and Cement factories and maintaining record of the same. Organize sale of recyclable dry waste to scrap dealers in the nearest city and maintain records.
- Maintain inventory and stock of waste collection bags, PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), any other material related to the project.
- Ensuring storage sheds are well maintained and the Standard Operating Procedures are followed.
- Monitor the waste collection; vehicle routing and utilisation; timely collection and regularity.
- Identify areas where Segregation level is poor and plan awareness activities
- Assist in composting, monitoring on-site composting site and train staff.
Field Supervisors typically spend 20% time in an office environment and 80% on the field. There is extensive in-city travel and driving and owning a two wheeler is critical. There could be some out station travel component depending on the project profile.
Field Supervisor work 6 days a week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to monitor project activities.
PUC (equivalent of class XII)
Preferable 2 years field experience in development sector
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Should be interested in field work in social sector.
- Should have good people skills, should have the ability to convince people without getting into confrontation.
- Good communication skills, public speaking skills in local language.
- Comfortable in using computer/phones/tablet for data entry.
- Comfortable in written and spoken local language, fluency in spoken English will be preferred.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Please mail your CVs to email@example.com and mention the subject as “Application for Field Supervisor”.