Facilitator & Counselor
Lighthouse Communities Foundation
Facilitator & Counselor
Lighthouse Communities Foundation works in the area of skilling and livelihoods for underserved youth. This is a pioneering program with a strong PPP model, an agency-led approach to livelihoods and a vision of socio-economic transformation. The Lighthouses are run through a public-private partnership that empowers the Government, Corporates, NGOs and Citizens to work together towards changing lives. The provision of location and capital expenditure for the Lighthouse centres is taken care of by the Government. Corporates contribute through CSR funds to provide operational expenses. NGOs come on board to provide various skilling courses to the youth. With penetration in more than 400 of the 500 odd slum communities of Pune, the program has now expanded to other cities viz. PCMC, Dombivali, Aurangabad and also States viz. Delhi and Odisha and upcoming in Hyderabad.
Core Values that drive us: Empathy | Inclusion | Integrity | Courage
About the Role :
The Facilitator & Counselor would play an important role in building agency of the youth i.e. the ability to make informed life decisions. They would be responsible for building meaningful relationships with the youth to influence their emotional, social and mental wellbeing.
The ideal candidate would be someone who is motivated and passionate in working with the underprivileged youth and invested in their betterment, has experience in career counselling and conducting workshops/courses on life skills and soft skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the Foundation Course (introductory course of the Lighthouse) for the new students at the Lighthouse.
- Make sure that each student completes the Foundation Course as designed and that their attendance is complete.
- Ensure that all the students enrolled in FC (Foundation Course) take the counseling test to evaluate their aptitude, ability and personality for further skilling.
- Conduct one to one counseling of the students as per the results of the test. Explain the gap in their understanding of the test results and help the students in making appropriate choices of course.
- To make a note of any differences between the test result and the outcome of one to one counseling and take corrective action as may be required.
- Supporting the rest of the team members as and when required.
Reporting To: Center Head, Lighthouse Program
Who we are looking for:
- Education: BA/MA in Psychology/Counseling/Training or Post Graduation in any field
- Years of Experience: 1-2 years of experience preferably in Counseling
- Ability to conduct a batch of 25 to 30 students.
- To be able to focus on the self-transformation of the students through facilitation
- Ability to counsel the students appropriately which will enable them to take the right decision towards their careers.
- Strong and empathetic behavior
- Ability to build a strong cultural system and be a role model for the youth/students
- Commitment towards the upliftment of the youth and city transformation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the local language, English & Hindi
Base Location: Pune/Hyderabad
Does it sound exciting?
If yes, then share your CV mentioning the preferred location & designation in the subject line at email@example.com.
To learn more about us, you can visit at https://lighthousecommunities.org.