Executive (Team Lead)
Location – Banswara, Rajasthan (travel required)
Apply by: 05/10/2022
Executive (Team Lead)
Aajeevika Bureau (AB) is a non-profit public service organization headquartered in Udaipur, working to enhance the dignity and well-being of migrant worker communities in the informal economy. Through an integrated approach, AB seeks to serve vulnerable segments of the migrant workforce such that they are able to access their rights and improve their security and stability both in the labour markets as well as their rural homes. Our interventions are delivered through a network of field-based worker facilitation centres that are located within urban industrial clusters and rural locations with heavy out-migration.
We are seeking an experienced colleague to support and lead our work in the Banswara district of south Rajasthan, which sees high levels of family migration to neighbouring states. Broadly, this role would entail nurturing a women-centric, women-led project that builds collective action against multiple, intersecting violations of labour rights, oppressive social norms, and sexual-and-gender-based violence across personal-public spaces.
Position and Employment Type – Executive (Team Lead); full-time role
Location – Banswara, Rajasthan. With frequent travel to field locations in the district. Applicants must be willing to relocate.
▪ Guiding the local team in effective planning and implementation of proposed interventions
▪ Oversee the overall, day-to-day work around sexual and gender-based violence prevention and response interventions
▪ Oversee community mobilization efforts across constituencies of adolescent girls, women leaders, men and others
▪ Anchor the capacity and perspective-building work for community leaders.
▪ Provide ongoing supervision and mentoring/coaching for team members in a participatory, non-hierarchical way, so as to foster a positive team spirit, and encourage innovative and quality programming.
▪ Liaison effectively with local government authorities and stakeholders
▪ Monthly qualitative and quantitative reporting
▪ Contribute to periodic project reports submitted to donors.
Required Experience and Skills
▪ Post-graduate with a minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience of working in a grassroots feminist/women’s rights NGO or on gender / gender-based violence-related projects in Rajasthan or similar contexts.
▪ Educational background in a relevant field of study (such as gender studies / social work/development studies) is preferred. Candidates without the same must alternatively display substantial, relevant work experience.
▪ Programme management skills
▪ Strong feminist understanding of structurally excluded and marginalized girls and women situated within developmental issues of migration and labour
▪ Proven leadership skills and experience in working with teams.
▪ Effective communication skills
▪ Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
▪ The candidate must mandatorily have good command over Hindi (both written and spoken communication)
▪ Basic understanding of or proficiency in Wagdi, the local dialect is preferable, but not mandatory.
▪ We are looking to hire a female candidate.
▪ Dalit / Adivasi / OBC / minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
▪ We are looking for candidates who are willing to commit to a long-term engagement.
Remuneration and Benefits
Our remuneration matches scales of professional, field-based NGOs in Rajasthan. An offer commensurate with the skills and experience of the candidate will be made upon selection.
How to Apply
Please e-mail your resumé to email@example.com, stating the name of the position clearly in the subject line, latest by October 5th, 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a screening call and online/in-person interview.