District Coordinator – Anti Human Trafficking Initiatives
Location: Amravati and Nagpur
District Coordinator – Anti Human Trafficking Initiatives
Post: District Coordinator – Anti Human Trafficking Initiatives
No. of Positions and Geography: 2 (Amravati and Nagpur) with district-wide travel and periodic travel to the Vipla Foundation Head Office in Mumbai.
Expected Joining Date: Immediate
About Vipla Foundation: Vipla Foundation [formerly, Save The Children India / STCI], is on a mission to ensure that nothing stops children of India from Learning, Growing, and Flourishing. It is committed to preventing exploitation and all other forms of discrimination of vulnerable women and children, and empowering them to lead a life of dignity, self-respect, and independence.
The organization has its community interventions based on pillars of Early Interventions and System Strengthening. It recognizes that early interventions are critical in improving the quality of lives of our programme participants particularly those who come from marginalized and excluded communities. On the other hand, it values engaging and collaborating with systems for impact at scale and sustainability. Vipla Foundation continues to train, capacitate systemic stakeholders and policy advocates for internalizing and institutionalizing the best practices.
Vipla Foundation works primarily with children of all ages through Early Childhood Care & Education, Prevention, Early Intervention & Education of children with disabilities and helping children attain their learning level competencies. The organisation also works with women and girls from most vulnerable communities and those who are victims of sexual violence including sex trafficking and provides them with opportunities of education, employability, entrepreneurship, quality institutional care, safe return & repatriation and access to justice.
For more information on Vipla Foundation’s work in India visit the website: https://www.viplafoundation.org/
About the Program and Position: Vipla Foundation is seeking two enthusiastic and self-driven candidates to work as District Coordinators, Anti Human Trafficking Initiatives for its innovative project, “Strengthening the Village/Community Based Protection Measures for Children At-Risk to Violence” to be implemented in Amravati and Nagpur districts of Maharashtra. The said project is focused on improving child protection systems in the State by strengthening of village/community-based protection mechanisms through training, capacity building, and lending on-field handholding support through existing government infrastructure and resources.
The two District Coordinators will be required to work in the district applied for under the Guidance and mentorship of the Project Management at the Mumbai Head Office. The Positions would have to liaise with and work in close collaboration with the district/taluka level judicial and administrative bodies such as the Legal Services Authority, CWCs, JJBs, PRIs and other local administration, police, WCD officials, DCPUs, SMCs, ICDS personnel, local NGOs, etc. and the local community in order to carry out the program implementation at the district level.
The positions require the candidates to be self-driven and motivated individuals having a Post Graduate Degree in Social Sciences / Social Work / Sociology and having minimum three to five years working experience in the NGO sector with relevant experience in the field of child rights, child protection, and/or related community development work. A degree in law or understanding of judicial processes related to child protection in India would be an added advantage. The candidates are required to have the knack for working with government stakeholders and data maintenance of project interventions in guidance from the Project Manager and Manager for Monitoring and Evaluation of the project. Candidates with demonstrated expertise in working on child protection issues will have an added advantage. The job offers excellent opportunities for professional growth in the development sector especially Child Rights and Child Protection.
The shortlisted candidates will lead the district operations for their respective districts with support from the local judicial and administrative bodies and the Project Management Team at the Mumbai Head Office. The candidates will be responsible for steering and implementation of project activities in their respective districts to achieve the impact committed in the project proposal and managing partnership with multi-stakeholders within the respective districts.
- Overall responsibility of actual field level implementation of the project activities in consonance with the project deliverables.
- Mapping and identification of target villages/communities within the target districts for program implementation with the support and guidance of the team at the Mumbai Head Office.
- Liaise with the district/taluka level judicial and administrative bodies including the Legal Services authority, PRIs, BDOs, local administration, police, WCD officials, DCPUs, SMCs, ICDS personnel, local NGOs, the local community in the process of capacity building of existing CP systems and lending on-field handholding support to relevant stakeholders.
- Working closely with the Team at the Mumbai Head Office and short-term consultants to develop/collate capacity building and training materials.
- Organize and facilitate trainings and capacity building sessions/programs within the districts for intended stakeholders within the system in guidance and mentorship from the Program Management team at the Mumbai Head Office Level.
- Data maintenance of the project activities in consonance with the project MIS and in guidance from the Project Manager and Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Maintain regular follow up and coordination with key project implementation stakeholders, track their progress, and lend hand-holding assistance and mentorship for strengthening and smooth functioning of village/community-based protection mechanisms.
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of activities in the assigned district, in line with the project design framework.
- Lend all support to the Project Manager in documenting, compiling, and submission of reports as per requirement.
- Mentor and work closely with relevant stakeholders within the Legal Services Authority to ensure regular follow-up with relevant target stakeholders and on the needs identified through interactions.
- Mentor and support the relevant stakeholders to in turn mentor and support the target stakeholders at the village/community level by way of enhancing their skills, attitudes, and knowledge on child rights and standards of care and protection towards ensuring timely and professional child protection services and linkages at the local level.
- Submit timely reports for the project activities and related administrative tasks, in coordination with the team.
- Travel widely within the selected district of performance to ensure quality and integrity of programme, and occasionally to Mumbai for meetings with the HO team.
- Uphold organizational core values, program management, and achieving results in a defined geographical area.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Post Graduate in Social Work / Social Sciences / Sociology with at least 3 to 5 years of experience of District level management of project including managing medium to large teams.
- A Degree in law or knowledge of judicial processes related to child protection in India would be an added advantage.
- Previous experience of working in Child Rights and Child Protection and/or related community development work with a focus on field level direct service delivery and/or training/capacity building/curriculum development/advocacy, etc. will be given preference.
- Proven ability to foster partnerships and effective relationships with various stakeholders.
- A good understanding of administrative structures at the village/taluka/district/state level with the ability to effectively develop coordination channels with government systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills including reporting skills involving independent report writing and data documentation and monitoring using MS Office tools such as Excel, Word, etc.
- Good command over Marathi with functional knowledge of Hindi and English.
- Preferably resident of district where the position is being applied for. Candidates from other geographical locations who are familiar with the project district and are willing to relocate are also welcome to apply. Please note that relocation cost will not be covered by the organisation.
Remuneration: Remuneration would be commensurate with experience. There will be a travel allowance on actuals and a fixed mobile phone allowance. The post is offered on a contract basis which is renewable subject to performance.
Interested candidates may send their CV along with a cover letter to – firstname.lastname@example.org . In the subject line, clearly mention the post and district you are applying for (for example, District Coordinator, Anti Human Trafficking Initiatives – Amravati). If employed / currently employed, also indicate your last/current drawn salary and notice period in the CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no phone/email follow up on the selection will be entertained.