Content and Communications Officer
Voice 4 Girls
Content and Communications Officer
The Content and Communications Officer will develop educational materials for VOICE 4 Girls’ core programming initiatives and other associated tasks. The key roles and tasks are given below:
- Research, outline, and write regionally relevant modules that impart critical knowledge, life skills and leadership life-skills to adolescent girls, while directing the facilitators on how to manage the classroom, facilitate the activities and run camp.
- Create activity-based curriculum that can be implemented with minimal resources.
- Develop English content in the areas of grammar, vocabulary and spoken English.
- Develop manuals and training sessions for VOICE facilitators. Think of innovative ways to engage and educate the trainers (technology, peer to peer learning etc)
- Analyse feedback from stakeholder focus groups as well as written reports. Assess feedback from previous camp years and make recommendations for revision as well as map new content for additional chapters.
- Evaluate existing VOICE programming and making recommendations for improvement and development. Research best practices for gender programming and education.
- Monitor the program during implementation and evaluate it and revise as needed.
- Co-ordinate with other VOICE teams and service providers (graphic designers, copyeditors and illustrators) to ensure timely delivery of books and manuals.
- Co-ordinate with translators to make sure that content is translated as and when required.
- Develop IEC materials such as flipbooks and charts
- Train counsellors and field co-ordinators on VOICE modules as and when required.
- Implements the communication strategy and annual plan
- Follows up with the broader VOICE team members and partners with regards to reaching out to stakeholders, sending updates, news, monthly newsletter, reports, pictures, news items, etc
- Manages the design and delivery of the camp newsletters, the external newsletters, press releases, annual reports, and impact assessment reports
- Develops and updates communication materials including presentation, brief, posters, exhibition updates, press kits, etc.
- Builds relationships with the media, sends out press releases, and pitches articles to the press
- Leads the documentation of internal processes and progress reports
- Takes responsibility for updating and maintaining the VOICE website
- Maintains database of the donors, partnership contacts, and media mentions and contacts, list of events, meetings and conferences that the VOICE team might attend
- Attends conventions, seminars, workshops, and meetings to present VOICE as and when required and takes the lead in organizing VOICE events.
- Showcase’s VOICE events achievements and progress – Collect and Collate feedback from partners, campers, teachers, and parents to create a database of stories and quotes.
- Follows the developments in the sector, update the VOICE team and encourage and support them in responding to issues and trends and be active participants in relevant discussions and debates
- Manages VOICE’s social media accounts to support fundraising, operations, and other teams
- Records the impact of communications efforts
- Edits, updates, and proofreads VOICE content, workbooks, manuals and updates them, when required.
Requirements for candidates
- Previous experience with community based projects and experience with social sector/volunteering preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel to rural schools/locations.
- Strong English writing and communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and work ethic
- Strong MS Word skills
- Background in teaching or education is preferable
- Knowledge of spoken Telugu will be an advantage
Desired criteria for candidates
- Ability to think independently and be proactive without constant supervision
- Passion for gender development and empowering adolescent girls
- Knowledge of issues pertaining to the development and education of girls
- Experience in the field of education and teaching
- Past experience in content development
Interested candidates, please send your updated CV to email@example.com