Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR)
Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR) is looking to hire a Communications Strategist.
|Division / Department||Communications|
|No of Positions||1|
|Work experience||2+ years in communication roles. Development sector experience will be a plus.|
|Qualifications||Postgraduate in communications, journalism, marketing, or related fields.|
|(Specialization with Essential criteria Required)||• You really want to make India better and bring change to the millions of rural people living in poverty
• You have excellent written and verbal skills in English
• You have the proven ability to ideate and execute campaigns
• You have the proven ability to write clear, concise, and compelling text
• You have the proven ability to ideate and create content across various media types including blogs, videos, social media, email, news journals etc.
• You have the ability to develop content consistent with the WOTR brand voice, style, and tone
• You have an entrepreneurial mindset: You work proactively, take calculated risks, think independently, and are quick to make decisions
• You are strong in the people quadrant with well-developed interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• You are curious – about the development sector, environment & sustainability-related issues
• You have strong organizational, project management and reporting and analytical skills with a focus on excellence and accuracy
|Job Description||• You will report directly to the Head of Communications and will be responsible for ideating and executing communications-based initiatives
• You will be responsible for boosting existing communication initiatives, managing the website, campaigns on social media, annual report, monthly newsletter, and the quarterly magazine
• You will proactively increase coverage and understanding of WOTR’s work in India and globally through content on multiple communication channels
• You will build relationships with the media and pitch apt stories/create Press releases/ draft opinion pieces to ensure that our impact and narrative is captured
• You will support the fundraising team in creating and executing individual donor campaigns and crafting messages, pitches, and other relevant communications material for donor prospects
• You will collect, organize, and create relevant news and case studies, resources, and interviews to be used for marketing, fundraising and media purposes.
• You will also coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to manage the work and achieve the required deliverables.
If interested, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Role: Communications Strategist’.
PS: We are open to freshers also applying to this role