Pallium India invites applications to the post of Communications Manager at Trivandrum.
Job Title: Communications Manager
Job Location: Pallium India, Trivandrum
Nature of Job: Strategic communication, Social media messaging, Content design
About the Role
Reporting to: Division Head
Pallium India is growing in our ability to impact the lives of those suffering from serious health related issues. We are looking for an energetic and passionate Communications Manager who can help tell our stories to our stakeholders. You would use your expertise in content creation, content design and social media marketing to deliver effective content that needs to be shared.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand our communication needs and opportunities by discussing our activities with team members.
- Closely observe our activities on the field and identify opportunities to communicate better.
- Based on your understanding, craft a communications strategy on how best to tell our stories.
- Identify sources of content, from our various events, partner collaborations or news of relevance to the palliative care community.
- Create rich content of various formats that can convey to our stakeholders what we do and the impact we are making on the ground. (Content can be in the form of articles, blog posts, case studies, brochures, infographics, short videos, compelling images and any other format that can convey our messages effectively. Content presentation might also include design and themes, graphic creations, painting or other creative material.)
- Have an understanding of the various channels available to post the content, the power and pitfalls of each, and be able to judge the optimal ways to deliver the content.
- Possess the ability to do a performance review of how well we are communicating and suggest ways to finetune the message.
- Develop an intuitive understanding of the quality of the content, how to source it, effective formats of presentation, frequency of posting and specific audiences to reach.
- Graduation in Relevant field
- Expertise in English and Malayalam languages (both oral and written), and familiarity with Hindi.
- Social Media expertise.
- Familiarity with media channels like Print, TV and news channels.
- Pleasant personality, to interact with the different team members and to collect/provide them with communications artifacts.
- Ability to represent Pallium India externally
- Self-driven, to identify what needs to be done and then do what it takes to deliver results.
- Exposure to tools like Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and other programs to get essential work done with little help from outside.
- Experience working with agencies and freelancers to outsource as needed.
- Post-Graduation in Relevant field
- Experience living in different parts of the country and exposure to varied cultures and life experiences.
- Exposure to Palliative care or other services to provide relief from suffering (including as a Volunteer)
Domestic, as needed.
Salary & Benefits
Compensation: Rs.40,000 – Rs.70,000 per month
Reimbursement: Travel and accommodation expenses for outstation travel, Travel expenses for official visits while in Trivandrum (HQ)
Tax deductions: TDS and other deductions, as applicable
How to apply
Interested candidates, please send your detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org