Climate Finance Expert
Climate Finance Expert
Vasudha foundation proposes to establish a climate finance unit, which would work on a wide range of issues covering the entire gamut of climate finance. We are looking for a motivated and experienced professional who can conceptualise the broad terms of reference and work of the climate finance unit.
The broad roles and responsibilities would include and not limit to:
- Establish a climate finance unit within Vasudha Foundation which entails:
- Develop a work programme for the Climate Finance Unit
- Conceptualize projects for the Climate Finance unit (eg: Climate Budget Analysis, etc.)
- Maintaining database of multilateral, international financial agencies etc.
- Help in Fund Raising for the Climate Finance Unit
- Provide technical assistance to government stakeholders on climate finance
- Develop state level climate finance frameworks
- Conceptualize and develop climate finance tracker / dashboard for state governments
- Provide strategies and advice state government / state nodal departments / district / city administrations on climate financing mechanisms.
- Identify climate finance channels/avenues for the state/city agencies
- Guide team members to collate and provide all climate finance relevant data sets / information for Vasudha’s Power Sector Portal / ICED Portal
- Provide support to other teams in developing comprehensive climate action plans / net zero vision documents for a city/district/state
- Conduct research, policy analysis and write blogs, articles, policy briefs on various aspects of climate finance
- A motivated, creative, independent individual with a passion for climate change and sustainability related issues with Master’s degree environmental economics/climate finance/sustainable development or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience, with at least 3 years of relevant experience in required field
- Excellent research skills with a good understanding of reliable sources of information on climate finance as well as other aspects of climate change including: climate science, policy and regulation, reporting and disclosure, and legal frameworks.
- Strong understanding of the workings of multilateral/international financial agencies and knowledge of climate financial regimes
- Experience with premier research institutes & think tanks will be an added advantage
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analysis skills.
- Experience handling large data sets and good command over MS Office, experience with analytical and statistical tools will be a plus
- The ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely to a range of audience.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and an ability to work collaboratively
- Professionalism, ability to work as part of a team and independently, and ability to liaison with stakeholders, government and private partners among others
Kindly mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line – Job Application for Climate Finance Expert