Associate/Project Manager – Fundraising
Location: New Delhi
Associate/Project Manager – Fundraising
Peepul is an education-focused non-profit. We dream and work towards creating an education system in India that enables ‘every child to realize their potential.’
We work closely with governments at the national, state, and local levels to transform government schools and government systems. The poorest children in India study in government schools and too many of them are falling through the cracks. We are determined to ensure that they receive a high-quality education to help them succeed in life.
We are restless, resilient, and reflective. We aim high, we innovate, we work smart, we work as a team, and we use rigorous research to inform our work. We run systemic education programs that, together, ensure that we adopt a holistic view towards improving state education systems. We are a fast-paced organization that aims high.
Towards creating exemplar education ecosystems, some of what we do includes:
- Run Exemplar Schools: we run exemplar schools in partnership with the government to show what ‘great’ looks like. Starting with one school with 9 children in 2015, we now have a network of 3 schools that directly impact 1,000 children.
- Systemic Interventions: we create systemic influence through large-scale interventions such as teacher training, capacity building of government education officials, working with district and state-level training institutes and advising on policy reform.
iii. Government Policy and Advisory: we advise state governments on improving governance and accountability structures through our work on quality assurance, levers for school improvement and knowledge as practitioners of quality improvement.
- Thought Leadership: we recognize the criticality of institutionalizing and codifying our best practices, content, and processes so that they can be standardized, scaled and can be adopted by government systems to improve government schools as well as shared more widely with the education ecosystem in India.
Job Description: Associate/Project Manager – Fundraising
Location: New Delhi
Start date: Immediate
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The fundraising role at Peepul is suited for an enthusiastic go-getter who wants to use their skills to build sustainable funding sources for the organization. This role will support the Fundraising manager and the CEO in opening doors to new avenues, bringing them to closure and sustaining them by building strong relationships.
This individual will have the responsibility of supporting in development of annual KPIs and targets of the team, working towards individual and team target, building a pipeline of CSR leads for the organisation, lead quarterly calls with key supporters, independently own the writing of proposals.
- Work closely with the Fundraising Manager to develop a fundraising strategy for supporting Peepul’s programs
- Identify and research suitable new prospects- foundations, corporates and individuals-for Peepul, and cultivate these relationships on behalf of the organization
- Manage the end-to-end fundraising cycle with each prospective donor: Identifying high- value, prospective donors, initiating leads, calls and meetings, making presentations, writing proposals and closing agreements
- Maintain relationships with existing donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about Peepul’s work
- Organize fundraising events for the organization (including digital campaigns)
- Draft proposals, grant applications, reports, and updates for current and prospective supporter
- Represent Peepul’s fundraising externally, and enjoy being a visible part of a successful organization
- Any other task mutually agreed on with the fundraising manager
- At least 4-6 years of fundraising/business development experience
- Candidates with an MBA will be preferred, but not essential
- Fluent in English and Hindi
Experience and skills:
- Experience of working with a wide range of funders -including high net worth individuals, foundations and CSR roles will be considered as relevant background
- Good track record of maintaining key donor relationships as well as establishing new partnerships
- Proven experience of negotiating with senior stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Ability to craft compelling opportunities for a wide range of potential supporters
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent report writing (Word and PowerPoint) and presentation skills Personal Attributes:
- Strong alignment with Peepul’s mission of providing quality education and building stronger education ecosystems in India
- Results-focused with a strong sense of ownership
- Is flexible, highly organized and able to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Diplomatic and skilled in achieving results through influence and personal credibility
- Enthusiastic to do whatever it takes willing to take personal accountability for delivery of goals
- Self-motivated and a good team player
- Able to think creatively, with discerning and sensible judgement
- Openness to listen, learn and contribute beyond the confines of this role
- Hardworking, detail orientated, tenacious and systematic
- Able to manage diverse groups of stakeholders
To apply, please send a copy of your resume along with a covering letter explaining why you are interested in applying for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc to email@example.com ensuring you specify the role you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail. Please include the details of at least two referees within your application.
Reference checking & Probation
As you will be working with children this role will be subject to enhanced background checks. Additionally, all new staff will be subject to a probation period of three months.
The selection process will involve written tests/assignments and interviews with the senior management of the organization.