Location: Panchkula or Chandigarh
About Indus Action
Indus Action is a ‘’do-tank’’ to bridge the gap between law and action with social justice at the center of our mission. Indus Action works towards securing a social protection safety net for vulnerable families by providing sustainable access to a portfolio of welfare entitlements. Our approach tackles multiple deprivations experienced by vulnerable families. It provides educational access to children, maternity entitlements to pregnant and lactating mothers, income and social security support to parents and senior citizens and universal healthcare to all family members to irreversibly move vulnerable families out of poverty. Our teams are located in Delhi, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Orissa, Chhattisgarh and Tamil Nadu
We are looking for an Associate, Operations to support operations in Haryana. The operations will include implementation of Section 12(1)(c) of RTE Act, 2009 in Haryana and supporting other upcoming operations in the State. We are looking for a team player who is passionate about field operations, partnerships and has a penchant for data and evidence to drive policy changes
Roles and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities will include:
- Government Relations – To work with the Directorate of School Education in process design, modification and implementation.
- Technology – Liasoning with the Department of Information Technology to ensure efficient and smooth running of the MIS portal
- Capacity Building – Capacity building and grievance redressal of District Education Officers (DEO), Block Education Officers (BEO). This will involve telephonic and in person conversations and meeting with the mentioned stakeholders
- Operations – Manage operations (Designing and conducting campaigns, setting process with government, application center management, admissions, grievance redressal etc.) within the budget allocated and ensuring that the goals are achieved with respect to number of applications and enrollments
- Data Analysis and Research – Using data and insights from the field to drive inclusive and evidence based policy changes
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Strong project and operations management skills
- Strong analytical (data/evidence gathering, analysis and interpretation, hypotheses framing and validation) and research capabilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong excel, communication and presentations capabilities
- Comfort with technology usage and products
Competencies and Values
- Rigour and attention to detail
- Time management, ability to keep calm during pressure situations
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders
- Result-driven and outcome focused-approach
- Adaptable and flexible in working style, comfortable with ambiguity
Education and Experience
We believe that reaching our vision demands that we have the best and brightest group of leaders working to lead our organization. Here are the Minimum qualifications we look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree from any stream. Masters would be preferred.
- Background in policy implementation and government relations is required
- 0-1 years of relevant work experience in consulting,partnerships, project management is preferred
Location: Panchkula or Chandigarh
The Associate will be compensated based on the Indus Action‘s compensation benchmarking rubric. The range of compensation will be between 3-6 LPA depending on qualifications, experience and fit to the role.
Click here to apply.