Assistant Centre Head
Lighthouse Communities Foundation
Assistant Centre Head
Lighthouse Communities Foundation works in the area of skilling and livelihoods for underserved youth. This is a pioneering program with a strong PPP model, an agency-led approach to livelihoods and a vision of socio-economic transformation. The Lighthouses are run through a public-private partnership that empowers the Government, Corporates, NGOs and Citizens to work together towards changing lives. The provision of location and capital expenditure for the Lighthouse centres is taken care of by the Government. Corporates contribute through CSR funds to provide operational expenses. NGOs come on board to provide various skilling courses to the youth. With penetration in more than 400 of the 500 odd slum communities of Pune, the program has now expanded to other cities viz. PCMC, Dombivali, Aurangabad and also States viz. Delhi and Odisha and upcoming in Hyderabad.
Core Values that drive us: Empathy | Inclusion | Integrity | Courage
About the Role :
The Assistant Center Head would be responsible to guide the team and build meaningful relationships in the community in order to reach out to more youth and lead them towards a sustainable livelihood.
The ideal candidate would be someone who is motivated and passionate in working with the underprivileged youth and invested in their betterment. He or she must have the skills required to lead, guide and provide support to the team members along with managing the overall operations of the center in order to create maximum impact.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Program & Team Management
- Independently lead Lighthouse centers for enabling at least 20% of the youth population from the nearby communities to take up formal jobs/self-employment
- Develop and maintain a conducive environment at the center that enables learning and a feeling of safe space for youth
- Implement the foundation program such that the youth builds ‘agency’ and over time is able to make career choices and decisions for himselfManage a team of 3-5 and hand-hold them for timely deliverables and high-quality outcomes for all of the stages of the program – Community Outreach to Alumni engagement
- Effective program management with the support of the team to ensure appropriate enrollments in the program and positive progress of the youth in their journey through the program stages
Data management and reporting
- Ensure timely and accurate data updates as required on Excel or in-house portals
- Analyse the data of the youth from the center to identify trends/ patterns and suggest strategies that would ensure success of the program and therefore youth
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative reports as required by the internal and external stakeholders
- Regular reporting to the senior management about the program progress, challenges and solutions
- Interfacing with ward – level networks and other stakeholders
- Government (Corporators, Ward Officers, GHMC personnel) – for mobilization and other support
- NGOs – for mobilization and other support
- Corporates and Establishments – for volunteering, placements and donor/potential donor visits
- Citizens – for volunteering
- Manage brand building activities e.g., Events, which are specific to the centre and help with advocacy with the local economy for youth placements.
Reporting To: Cluster Manager, Sustainable Livelihood
Who we are looking for:
- Education: MSW or Post Graduation in any field
- Years of Experience: 3-4 years of experience
- Self-driven, excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Strong people management, project management, and data analytics skill
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and the local language
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
Base Location: Pune
Does it sound exciting?
If yes, then share your CV mentioning the preferred location & designation in the subject line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about us, you can visit at https://lighthousecommunities.org.